Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Preparations

Ok, so I still havent shaved my head. Dont ask me why, I just keep waiting for the right moment. There is hair EVERYWHERE!!! I have at least 3 bald spots and my hair is so thin, but I keep holding on. Why? I have NO idea! But, today is the day...for sure this time. I look hideous. I want my kids to be part of the shaving, so we will wait for them to get home from school and then it will be done-just in time for my big party tonight. So, to all party goers...just be prepared and get all your giggles out before hand. Im joking, laugh all you want-i sure will be!!

So today is the "preparation" day. Tomorrow is chemo #2 and im scrambling around trying to get it all done before im sick for a few days. "It" being, blood tests, laundry, cleaning, massages, a stop at Tia Rosas for the last meal (last time it was Ned's), Target, and getting together with all my dear freinds and best supporters ( I am so excited for tonight!! Have I already said that?!) I have so much anxiety for tomorrow and I dread it like I have never dread anything before, BUT I have hope that this time will be much less of a reaction-I have lots of hope or wishful thinking, isnt that the same thing? I guess time will tell. There is a lot going on this weekend and I dont want to miss a thing-Bills cousin adopted a baby from Tonga and they are going to be sealed this weekend, there is a massive Tongan BBQ (soooo much food) and both of Bills cousins are blessing their babies. My sister is coming on Saturday (YEA!!) and Bills brother is coming to visit while his super lucky wife is in Hawaii with her sisters and parents (Hope your having fun Annie!!) Too much to be sick in bed. But just in case I am, I have orderd the first season of Psych from Netflix to keep me occupied. (LOVE that show)
Lots of happenings today to keep me busy and happy. I will have pictures of all the fun times tonight and of the "shaving" Wish me luck!!!

11 comments:

Julie said...

Wowzers! Can't even imagine! You are amazing! I can't wait to see you tonight! It's going to be a blast! Love you!

J. Baxter said...

Good luck on the shaving - and go kill some cancer tomorrow!

(I don't know you, but I'll be thinking of you).

Wilson Winners said...

I wish I could be there for the shower to support you and laugh with everyone!Jealous! I am still thinking of you tons and hope tomorrow goes better than expected.

love ya!

Mike and Deb said...

You looked so beautiful last night Shell. You are amazing and we are praying for you today. Kick some cancer butt and I'll see you tonight!

Unknown said...

Hey Shelly,
Thinking about you a lot. Hope you have fun with your friends tonight. Good luck tomorrow, I'll be praying for you. Isn't netflix the best? I hope you feel well enough to do some of the fun things that you have lined up.

Amanda&Wade said...

GOOD LUCK!! You have such a beautiful face, so you don't even need to worry about the shaving thing :) Have a good weekend, sounds so fun!!

Swan Mom said...

Best wishes for your second treatment. I hope it treats you better than the first one. I went through the same thing a couple of years ago -- very similar story -- and I can tell you to just hang in there. It is worth it. Also, ask your doctor about an anti-nausea drug called Emend. It is very expensive but my doctor was able to get it for me for free. It helped me a lot, while the other nausea pills seemed to have no effect at all.

God bless you.

Kim Allgood said...

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for giving us a peek at your experience. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers. I frequently hear shout-outs to the Lomu family in the ward too. I wish we would have gotten to know you guys better before your move but I am glad Anna Macfarlane saved the day and posted your link on her blog.

You and Bill have certainly helped me put things into perspective in my own life. Hope the chemo went better this time!

My love,
Kim Allgood

Dior said...

Shelly-
I tried to leave you a note yesterday but apparently it didn't work. I just want you to know that we love you, what can we do to help you? What do you need? My cousin who is twenty five just had a double masectomy(sp)..it is crazy what this life hands to us isn't it?? You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love from CICERO #301??or302 or was that you guys??

Love you
Dior

Bonnie Hynes said...

Shelly, we are praying for you...I hope the chemo sessions just get easier and easier. I was on a mild chemo drug (methotrexate) for about 6 months and I was a whiny monster! You are amazing...like I said, we are praying for you. Good luck.

Bonnie said...

Hi Shelly, it's Bonnie (used to be Beals) Harkey. I was invited to your party, but had another commitment and couldn't come. Just want you to know I have thought so much about you and your sweet family. My prayers are with you! I'm so happy for you that you have a great supportive network of family and friends. Sis. Virginia Pearce (Pres. Hinckley's daughter) has a quote that I love and think of often. She said "Family and friends are who the Lord gives us to help us through hard things." I have certainly found that to be true in my life. I will check on your blog often to keep updated. All my love to you!