Thursday, February 5, 2009

1 down-5 to go!!

I am officially full of poision! It didnt really feel like I was being injected with toxins, it just felt like I had an IV with saline or something-except one of the drugs is so toxic, that they have to slowly hand push it in because if it touches your skin, it will burn you. I have that going through my veins right now. Its crazy!! Besides being tired from a sleepless night the night before(apparantly you arent supposed to take the day before chemo drug right before bed..noted)I felt good. I came home and took a nice nap. I started having some heart palpataions and I started getting a slight fever and my chest felt tight. Uh-oh-not a good start. I had fully expected to not feel a thing for at least a few days, but I guess everyone responds differently. After my nap, I felt a bit better. Bills whole famly came over and brought pizza and treats. They brought me a cute, comfy sweat suit, a body pillow and a cuddly bean bag pillow. They are the best!! I started feeling a bit nausous and couldnt eat. My dad made me a super foods smoothie-it was seriously better than any Jamba Juice. He puts in protein powder, oatmeal, peanut butter (just for me) a bananna, and some berries. Doesnt sound good-but it was yummy and just what I needed. After everyone left, I just needed to lay down. I took a nausea pill (which didnt help an ounce). I was curled up in a ball on the bed just trying to hold the barf in. It was a bit discouraging to feel this way so fast, but after a good talk with my dad, he helped me to stay in perspective. I need to stay positive and understand that I am sick because these drugs are killing this cancer and thats a very good thing. I can see how you can get discouraged so quickly-things change when you just dont feel good. Im so blessed to have such a great support team to always be there for me to help pick me up when i need it.
Today is a better day. I feel a little nausous, but I had a great sleep thanks to sleeping pills. So now im off today to get my MUGA scan and then to get the dredded Neulasta shot. Ive heard this one is a killer, but its necessary to boost my blood cell counts. So im off. Have a great day!! I know I plan too!!

9 comments:

A. Goodie said...

I love how positive you are about all this! I know that it's not easy, but just know that we are all here for you! So excited to see you tonight! Hopefully we can keep your mind off the sickness a little w/ a lot of laughter!

The Heiner's said...

Wow Shelly! What a fighter you are! Just wanted to let you know I think of you often and you are in my prayers.
Love Andi (Jacks) Heiner

Katie said...

Shelly,
We just wanted you to know we are thinking of you. Thanks for starting this blog so we all can check in on you. Good luck and know that you are in our prayers.

Don and Sandy said...

Shelly,
You are so brave! You are also so blessed to have a wonderful family behind you to support you and love you. We wish you the best and will also remember you in our prayers. You can make it.
Don and Sandy LeSueur

debi said...

Shelly,
I haven't been able to stop thinking about you and your family. I admire how brave you are. And you have such a positive attitude. I know you will get through this. We are thinking about you and you are always in our prayers. Love, Mike and Debi (Greenhalgh)Pierson

Anonymous said...

Shelly, You hang in there! I am happy that you've got one treatment down! The Neulasta is a great drug! It will help you feel so much better! Wash your hands a ton to keep you healthy! Stay away from sick people :) We don't want you getting sick! Remember that I want to be your personal Nurse! Call me with any questions. I have so much info on this cancer crap! Take care and remember that your in our thoughts and prayers! PS the weather in Utah still SUCKS! Im so glad your in the warm sunny AZ! Love ya, Amy (Young) Holden

Birchall Family said...

Shelly, I have not checked blogs in so long and I just got on your familly blog and have been reading for over an hour. I just want you to know that you and your family are in our prayers! You are so strong...kick this cancers butt! I am glad you started a breast cancer blog journal so I can stay on top of things. Stay strong!

RPH said...

I am glad you stared a separate blog. I cant stop thinking about you. It will be good to be able to check up on you. You are lucky to have such a strong support system. Be strong! Hope you are feeling well.
Raygon Postert

Tara L. Stradling said...

Hi Shelly. I'm Cassie (LaRue) Kerby's sister and was a good friend of your sister Stacy in high school. Cassie told me about you and what you're going through and I am so appreciative of your courage and honesty. What a wonderful family and support system you have. You are in my prayers and I hope you remain comfortable throughout this process. Good luck to you and I'll keep reading!

With love and appreciation,
Tara LaRue