Tuesday, March 17, 2009

3rd times a charm!!

I cannot believe how time flies!!! It is already time for chemo #3. I have been dreading this day since the day I felt better after #2. Thats probably why it went by so dang fast. The doctor gave me a nausea patch to try this time to see if we can nip it before it starts. I put it on today so that it can have time to get in my system. If this doesnt work, then im just destined to be sick. I have prepared myself this time with netflix movies, a clean room, clean sheets, all the laundry done and hung up and the house and bathrooms cleaned. Its like I know when im going to have a baby and im nesting-or something like that. This round has brought so much anxiety with it. Just the thought of going into that office makes me sick and gives me a headache. BUT, this is round 3 and im half way there!!!! Im half way...only 3 more to go. I can do it, I can do it!!! Its kind of bad timing this time being spring break and all, but luckily my kids are pretty much happy just hangin out. Its hot this week, I think its supposed to be in the 90's, so we will just break out the slip n slide and let them enjoy the nice weather while it lasts.
So I didnt get any pictures downloaded, and now im going to be out of comission for the next few days. Im such a slacker. For some reason I have just been sooo not in the mood to do that. I have been tired and just kind of out of it, and if I had any freetime then i usually spent it reading or resting. So if I am not nausous this time, then I promise I will get those pictures up. I promise!! Have a great week everyone!!

8 comments:

RPH said...

Good luck to you Shelly! I love your positive attitude! YOU CAN DO THIS! I will be thinking of you...

Full House said...

Shelly yeah half way there!

J. Baxter said...

Here's to hoping that patch does the trick! And clean sheets and washed/folded/put away laundry should definitely count for something to the nausea fairy, so I'm betting your odds are pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Wow - halfway! You are such a trooper Shelly! Good luck with this next round. I really hope the patch works for you. You are so productive to get all the chores done beforehand.

Tiare said...

Hey Shelly, Hooray for the half way point! Let me know if you need anything. We can come by and pick up the kids if you need us to anytime. We'll call you later. Love you.

Shannon said...

Shelly I am so sorry to hear about your news. I just found out from looking at Rachel's blog today. It has brought me to tears. I will be praying for you. Your attitude is amazing! Keep it up, and I hope that the 3rd time will be much better than your last. I hope you feel better soon. Love,
Shannon (Wares) Teare =D

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelly, Hope round three went better! Hang in there and I am so HAPPY that your half way through Chemo! You're doing it!!!! Love ya tons! Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shelly! I was reading your blog a lot-it`s great! I love the photos too. My boys still remember the fun on the Silverbrook Court!
You are doig great! What a spirit ! We are all praying for you!
Luda and the rest of Larson gang!